About the Blog
1. Who runs the wiki?
- That would be me! My name is Lilly. I’m also the founder of the site.
2. Do you run this blog as well?
- Yes I do! Andy, who is a new wiki admin and a long-time contributor, also assists in running this blog.
3. What’s the point of this blog?
- This blog is supposed to bring the latest information regarding the wiki such as projects and site outages. We had a Twitter page for that kind of stuff but it wasn’t very popular. Nowadays, our Tumblr posts are linked over to our Twitter feed.
4. If it wasn’t popular than why start a Tumblr blog?
- A good chunk of the Hetalia fandom has now moved to Tumblr so we can cover more ground. Plus managing a Tumblr blog will be much easier compared to a Twitter account. Both Andy and I are on Tumblr more than Twitter these days as well.
5. Can we affiliate?
- Absolutely! Just leave a message in the ask box or leave me a message on my personal Tumblr page! There’s a link to my blog on the menu.
6. Help! I can’t access [insert item here]!
If it’s a download then it’s probably linked through the Hetalia LJ community and all downloads are locked to members-only. Joining the community is very easy and simple. JammerLea, the owner of Hetalia File Archives (Hetarchive.net), has a quick tutorial on how to join.
7. Do you have [insert item here]? I can’t find it anywhere!
If you can’t find it anywhere, then chances are no one has shared it online yet. The Hetalia LJ community is the usually the first place to find whatever it is you are looking for but keep in mind that if it is downloads you are looking for, the posts will be locked and will not be visible to guests. If that’s the case, refer to the question above!
1. How come you don’t source your content?
- This is a problem we’ve been trying to fix for quite some time now. We’ve been slowly adding in sources for the newer content that’s been added on the site but some of the older pieces of information (such as the bit on Sweden’s sexuality and Japan’s fear of cockroaches) were dug up with the use of the Japanese internet archive site Megalodon. The site however suffered a major outage in 2010 and lots of that content we grabbed up was lost. What we did salvage was posted on Wikia blogs (which were later transferred to Hetayume Forums) and we’re currently using those links as sources. As as August 2012, we have launched our citation project and we invite those who do have sources to add them in!
2. What’s difference between this wiki and the one on Wikia?
- The one at Wikia was our first location and we left in 2010. Because wikis at Wikia can’t be deleted, we had to leave it the way it was. Our current location that is on our private servers (kitawiki) is more up-to-date and free of fanon (unless it’s the fanon section of course!). The location at Wikia is infested with a ton of spam and vandalism that you’re better off using the other site. As of August 2012, we launched our citation project so now all of our content will be properly sourced, making our new location even more reliable for your Hetalia needs!
3. Wait, I thought you were at ShoutWiki/Wikinet?
- We were but we moved from our SW location in October 2011 after spending most of the year offline. ShoutWiki went back online sometime in the Spring of 2012 and our SW location is completely gone. You will get an error if you try to access the site.
In the case of Wikinet, there were some issues during the latter half of 2012 in regards to server stability and missing admins from our host. After a brief period offline, we made the decision to get our own server and we moved for the third time in November 2012. If you visit the Wikinet site, you will be linked to our current location.
If you’re ever unsure which location to use, we always have a link to our location up on the menu of this blog. The main LJ community and Hetarchive.net also has a link to our site as well as numerous other Tumblr communities.
4. I have sources to contribute! How to do I add them?
Our new citation templates are very easy to use! You can find a tutorial here! (Link coming soon!)
Hetalia Tumblr Index
1. What do I have to do to get my blog on the Tumblr Index?
- Not much! All you have to do is send me a message with a link to your blog(s) and I will add them up ASAP! All I ask is that you keep your blog updated. We will remove any blogs not updated within two months.
2. Can I submit a blog that’s not mine?
Absolutely! Same rules apply.
3. If my blog becomes inactive and removed, can it be put back on the list if I begin updating it again?
Of course! I understand that life comes first and sometimes blogs go dead for a small period of time. Just let me know and I’ll add your blog back on!
1. Where can I read the strips?
If you’re looking for the individual strips from Himaruya’s website, Hetarchive.net has everything you’re looking for! Due to a C&D notice from Gentosha, the site does not host the volumes (as of December 2012). If you’re looking for volumes, try the Hetalia LJ community or Hetavol.
2. Where can I watch the episodes in English?
Here are the official streams:
FUNimation.com (US and Canada only)
YouTube (FUNimation) (US and Canada only)
Hulu (US only)
For unofficial streams, YouTube, Tumblr, or LJ are your best options.